Friday, February 29, 2008

Wrapping Up Week One

So we're nearing the end of our first week and it's been much more managable than I thought. I had visions of a constantly crying or always alert Gracie and a frazzled Kate, but that hasn't been the case. She's been taking a number of longer naps these days (see the burrito baby photo) which allows me the time to get dressed and do these great blog entries that you all love : )

I'm also realizing that my mom skills aren't as deeply buried as I thought they were. A number of tasks that I struggled with a week ago I now finish before Gracie gets into ultimate meltdown mode. For example, I've become more adept at swaddling (aka baby burrito) so our little Houdini doesn't get her arms out quite as quickly.

Well, I'm off to do another load of laundry -- this load includes two outfits, two blankets, a Boppy cover and the cushioning for the swing. Leakproof diapers? I don't think there is such a thing.

No comments: