Monday, May 26, 2008

Sleep Over and Out

This long holiday weekend was eventful for the Edenborg family. It started off with the first night we spend without Gracie. Grandma Patti volunteered to have a sleepover with her. So this weekend we took her up on it and headed to a B&B in Wisconsin. I'm not going to deny it -- it was so nice to get 8 hours of sleep and not have one ear open to hear any peeps or whimpers. It was great to see her little face when we returned on Saturday. That evening when we put her to bed around 8:30 p.m., we were prepared to return to small batches of sleep. When we woke at 6 a.m. the next morning Jay asked me how many times I'd gotten up to feed her. My answer: "None." She'd more than slept through the night. We called Grandma Patti and asked what drugs she'd given our daughter and could we have some more : ) We thought it might have been just a fluke, but then Sunday night she more than slept through the night again. I hope this is a new sleep stage, but I'm also aware that it could just be a blip.

In an earlier post I'd mentioned Grace chatting with a lotion bottle. I recorded that for your viewing pleasure. The visual is a bit dark, but you can hear how into the conversation she gets.

Maybe she's telling the lotion bottle how excited she is about becoming a Wisconsin girl. More on that in my next post.

1 comment:

The Young Family said...

What a talker! And good for you for getting away! 11 years I have been a mother and have yet to be away from my kidos just one night! I envy you!