- Plan Japanese-esque garden for our yard
- Minus the water features, otherwise known as mosquito breeding grounds.
- Relaunch the blog
- Perhaps under a new name, how exciting.
- Get a quilt rack
- It's the little things, I tell ya.
- Hold a garage sale in spring
- Oodles of stuff -- baby stuff, my stuff, random stuff, stuff-stuff -- piling up.
- See some great bands/hear some great music
- Ok, so I've already been doing some of this, this summer. I have to stay sane somehow.
- Take some time alone with Jay
- It'll be great to be able take some time together where I'm not even the slightest bit distracted by the everlasting, looming project.
- Take an improv class
- Bet that took you by surprise. Very much outta my comfort zone.
- Do some training activity with Ella Puggeroo
- She deserves some one-on-one attention from us -- at least that's what she's told us.
- Play soccer
- Not as easy as it sounds. I need to learn more about the game first and all the lessons around here are for kiddos.
- Do a weekly cool craft or adventure with Grace
- This is one of the most motivating items on this list.
- Write a kid's book
- Have had some ideas bouncing around for awhile. Just need the time to pin them down.
- Write my own book(s)
- Something I would love-love to do, or at least be able to focus on it.
Tuesday, July 27, 2010
Doing Once Done
Seems like everyone has some version of a summer to-do list but since I have this one thing that needs to get done this summer, I thought it made sense to write a Post-Dissertation To-Do List. And here it is. The items are in no particular order, just the order they popped into my head.