Monday, January 7, 2008

Posts from the Past

Here are some pregnancy thoughts I had jotted down elsewhere. These remind me how quickly these nine months have flown by.

Sunday, September 30, 2007
Arrivals and Departures
It's disappearing bit by bit. My belly button that is. I never paid much attention to it in the past. But now that it's not what it used to be, I've taken notice. Don't get me wrong, I shed no tears over this change. It's a small thing that represents something much bigger -- things in my life that I've taken for granted pre-baby. The arrival of my bump of a belly has been welcome. Somewhat surprising that a girl who used to be proud of her flat tummy is now even more proud of it in it's new protruding state. Things in my life which will never be the same again. Sure, Mr. Belly Button will return, but it won't be the same. And I'm OK with that : )

Wednesday, November 14, 2007
In Full Swing
I sat down in my car (in the garage) and started sobbing for no reason. We'll not for no reason ... I had a tummy ache, I didn't sleep well, was ornery with Jay (or he was ornery with me, I can't remember), there was something wrong with our clothes dryer, I broke a bowl, I put on the wrong glasses and I forgot to give the pug a goodbye pet. Then in mid-cry (and mid-commute to work) I started to get even more upset because I was worried that it was a sign of things to come postpartum. But I started to calm down. I'm 28 weeks along and this is the first serious mood swing I've had. I realize that I'd gotten used to not being in control of what's happening to my body, but I forgot what it's like to not be in total control of my emotions. Guess I better get use to it : )

Sunday, December 9, 2007
On It's Way Outy
So, this week I realized that growth was occuring while I was at work. In the morning my belly was as it had been for a month or so. When I took a shower that night I saw I was transforming into the owner of an outy. This was also the day I almost ate a paperclip -- I mistook it for a yogurt covered raisin. They look so much alike! So at my last appointment the OB said I was "all baby" which I am assuming means that I'm not gaining weight that I'm not supposed to : ) So bring on the Culvers! She also checked out my ankles for a minute and briefly asked if they were swelling and then realized they weren't. I had to explain to her that I have abnormally large calves for my size.This weekend I realized I'm on the brink on uncomfortablilty and moodiness. Being sociable with people who are drinking is fine. Hanging out with people after they are drunk makes me cranky. Also, the kicks into my ribs are becoming less cute. They are not annoying yet, but just lost the "awww" factor. The beginning of the end ...

No comments: